Candidate Geological-Mineralogical Sciences
- Yu.M. Volfman was born on July 3, 1952 in Simpheropol to a family of employees;
- 1974 - graduated from Dnepropetrovsky Mining Institute named after Artem by speciality "Geology and exploration of mineral deposits";
- 1974 - 1976 - Engineer- geologist of the year round Geological Surveying Party of the Selenginskaya expedition of the Buryatskoye Geological Survey;
- 1976 - 1989 - Engineer, Subordinate Research Worker, Research Worker of the Institute of Mineral Resources of Ministry of Geology of Ukr. SSR;
- 1989 - Research Worker;
- 1991 - Supervising Research Worker;
- 1999 - on duty of the Chief of Seismology Department;
- 2002 - up to now - Chief of Seismology Department of the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine;
- 1984 - 1989 - graduated from the Correspondence Postgraduateship of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the Ac.Sci.Ukr.SSR;
- 1990 - Candidate of Geol.-Min.Sci. A theme of his Candidate Theses "Mesocenozoic structural - formational complexes of Plain Crimea" (defended at the Institute of Geological Sciences of the Ac. Sci. Ukraine).
The author of 43 articles and 22 reports.
The main line of his scientific activity is modern geodynamics, general and comprehensive seismic zonation of seismically hazardous areas of Ukraine, studies of seismotectonic conditions and estimation of seismic hazard of the territories, where especially important and ecologically hazardous objects are located.
He participated in compilation of structural-tectonic and seismotectonic maps of the South-Ukrainian, Rovenskaya and Khmelnitskaya NPPs.