Candidate of Geological - Mineralogical Sciences
- V.D. Omelchenko was born on May 14, 1944 to a family of workers in c. Pavlograd of Dnepropetrovskaya oblast.
- 1967 - graduated from Dnepropetrovsky Mining Institute named after Artem by speciality "geophysical methods of the search and exploration of mineral deposits";
- 1968 - 1971 – Geophysicist-Interpreter of the trust "Dneprogeophysica";
- 1971 - 1974 – Postgraduate of the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin of NAS Ukraine, Scientific Supervisor Corr. Member of the Ac. Sci. Ukr.SSR Sollogub V.B. ;
- 1974 - Subordinate Research Worker of the Seismometry Department ;
- 1985 - Candidate of Geological-Mineralogical Sciences. The theme of the Theses "Deep-seated structure and the nature of seismic boundaries of the Earth's crust of the Central part of the Dneprovsko-Donetsky aulacogene (according to the data of DSS-ÊÌÏÂ)" (defended at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin of NAS Ukraine);
- 1982 - Chief Geophysicist of the geophysical party of Seismometry Department;
- 1985 - Research Worker of Seismometry Department;
- 1987 - Research Worker of the Department of Regional Problems of Geophysics;
- 1988 - Supervising Research Worker;
- 1998 - on duty of Chief of the Department of Regional Problems of Geophysics;
- 1999 - was given a title "Supervising Research Worker";
- 2000 - up to present Chief of the Department of Regional Problems of Geophysics.
The author of 130 published papers among them 5 monographs.
The main line of scientific activity – studies of deep-seated structure of the Crust and the Mantle with the use DSS (Deep Seismic Sounding) method; solving the problems of safe operation of NPPs of Ukraine, production of systems of seismic monitoring at the Chernobyl, Rovno and Khmelnitsky NPP and the city of Kiev.