Doctor of Physical - Mathematical Sciences
- Ya. M. Khazan was born on April 9, 1946 in Kiev to a family of employees;
- 1970 - graduated from Moscow Physical-Technical Institute (MPTI) by speciality "Radiophysics and Electronics";
- 1970 - 1973 - Postgraduateship at Moscow Physical - Technical Institute;
- 1975 - engineer, Subordinate Research Worker of the Institute of the Earth's Magnetism, Ionosphere and Radiowaves Propagation of the Siberian Division of the Ac.Sci.USSR;
- 1980 - Supervising Engineer of the Department of Geological Problems of Deep-Seated Geophysics of the Institute of Geophysics Ac. Sci. Ukr.SSR;
- 1984 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Geological Problems of Deep-Seated Geophysics, Laboratory of Tectonophysics;
- 1992 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Tectonophysics;
- 2000 up to present- Chief of the Department of Tectonophysics;
- 1978 - Candidate of Physical - Mathematical Sciences. The theme of the Theses "Diffusion models of cosmic rays propagation" (defended at Moscow Physical- Technical Institute);
- 1999 - was given a title "Supervising Research Worker";
- 2003 - Doctor of Physical - Mathematical Sciences. The theme of Doctor Theses "Sources of magnetism and mechanisms of transporting melts within the upper mantle and the Earth's crust", defended at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine.
The author of more than 50 scientific works.
Fulfilled a Scientific Project with Seismic Laboratory of Californian Technological Institute (USA).
Performs a course "General physics" at the International Solomon University.
The main line of scientific activity is related to physics of heat-mass transfer within crustal magmatic cameras, seismic activity which accompanies intrusive activity, distribution of sills and dykes and tectonic movements produced by these processes, thermal instability within the upper mantle.