Doctor of Geological Sciences
- V.P. Kobolev was born on August 31, 1949 to a family of employees in Kivertsy, Volynian oblast;
- 1968 - after graduation from Kiev Geological Exploration College he worked as a Technician - Operator of Kiev Geophysical Complex Expedition of the Ministry of Geology of Ukr.SSR;
- 1968 - 1976 - a student, then a postgraduate of Geophysics Chair;
- 1976 - 1978 - Deputy-Secretary of the Komsomol Committee;
- 1978 - 1981 - Chief of a laboratory of Geophysics Chair of Kiev State University named after T.G. Shevchenko;
- 1981 - Subordinate Research Worker;
- 1984 - Candidate of Geological - Mineralogical Sciences. Candidate Theses "Thermophysical properties of volcanogenic rocks and some aspects of their geological interpretation" was defended at Kiev State University named after T.G. Shevchenko;
- 1986 - Research Worker of the Department of Deep-Seated Processes of the Earth and Gravimetry;
- 1988 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Geothermy and Modern Geodynamics;
- 1999 - was given a Scientific Title "Supervising Research Worker" ;
- 2003 - up to present Chief of the Department of Physical Properties of the Matter of the Earth of the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine. V.P. Kobolev obtained important results on physical - crystallochemical regularities of thermoconductivity changes of solid solutions of olivines and pyroxenes; interrelations of thermophysical parameters with matter composition and structural - textural features of rocks were found;
- 2003 - Doctor Theses "Geodynamic evolution of the Black Sea megadepression and the structures of its frame (according to geophysical data)" were defended by V.P. Kobolev at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine.
The author of more than 140 scientific works.
The main lines of scientific activity: petrophysics, geothermy, marine geophysics, geotectonics, geodynamics.