Doctor of Physical-Mathematical Sciences
- V.N. Shuman was born on February 18, 1942 in the willage of Zaderevka, Repinsky region, Chernigovskaya oblast to a family of teachers;
- 1964 - graduated from Kiev State University named after T.G. Shevchenko by speciality "geophysical methods of the search and exploration of mineral deposits";
- 1965 - 1967 - Worked at the Belorussian Geophysical Expedition of Administration of Geology of Soviet Ministers BSSR;
- 1967 - 1970 - Postgraduate of the Institute of Geophysics Ac.Sci.Ukr.SSR (Scientific Supervisor Doctor Phys.-Math. Sci. I. I. Rokityansky);
- 1970 - Subordinate Research Worker of the Laboratory of Electromagnetic Studies;
- 1972 - Candidate of Phys.-Math.Sci. The theme of the Theses "Some problems of interpretation of the results of magnetovariational profiling" (defended at the Institute of Geophysics of the Urals Scientific Center of the Ac.Sci.USSR);
- 1977 - Supervising Research Worker of the Laboratory of Electromagnetic Studies;
- 1988 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Deep-Seated Processes of the Earth and Gravimetry;
- 1990 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Mathematical Geophysics;
- 1991 up to present - Chief of the Department of Mathematical Geophysics;
- 1991 - Doctor of Phys.-Math.Sci. The theme of Doctor Theses "Theory of Electromagnetic Soungings with controlled sources, geometric approach" (defended at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine);
- 1996 - was given a title "Supervising Research Worker".
Performs a special lecture course "Electromagnetic Methods of Studies" at the Geological faculty of Kiev National University named after T.G. Shevchenko.
The author of more than 80 scientific works.
The main line of scientific activity - general theory of electromagnetic sounding systems and impedance measurements in geoelectromagnetism methods, integral kinematics of electromagnetic disturbances in diffusion area; velocity parameters in georadar and tomographic electromagnetic systems; special features and systems of electromagnetic soundings in media with dispersion.
Prize Winner of the Premium named after S.I. Subbotin of NAS Ukraine in 2002 for the Manual "Fundamentals of Vector Analysis and Field Theory" (in co-authorship with E.G. Bulakh).