Candidate of Physical-Mathematical Sciences
- S.T. Verbitsky was born on November 21, 1958 in Ivano-Frankivsk to a family of employees;
- 1981 - Graduated from Lviv Polytechnical Institute by speciality "Applied Geodesy";
- 1981 - 1983 - engineer of 397 Military Project;
- 1983 - 1986 -- engineer of Specialized Constructing-Assembling Administration "Lvovfundamentspetsstroy";
- 1986 - engineer of Seismology Department;
- 1989 - 1992 - Postgraduate of the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin of NAS Ukraine (Scientific Supervisor Candidat Phys.- Math. Sciences A.V. Kendzera);
- 1992 - engineer of the first category;
- 1996 - leading engineer;
- 1997- Subordinate Research Worker of the Department of Seismic Activity of Carpathian area;
- 1997- Candidate of Phys.- Math. Sciences The theme of Candidate Theses "Studies and simulation of seismic vibrations for the needs of seismically safe designing in Ukraine";
- 1999 - on duty of the Chief of the Department of seismic activity of Carpathian area;
- 2000 up to present- Chief of the Department of Seismic Activity of Carpathian area (Lviv).
The author of 40 published papers and 20 reports.
The main lines of scientific activity – development of Carpathian seismology, elaboration of new technique and technology for obtaining instrumental seismic data; elaboration of facilities and renovation of the system of seismologic observations in the area. Elaboration of mathematical means for obtaining, transfer, preservation, and processing of digital seismic records, estimation of seismic impact for the objects pertaining to national economy.