Head: Khazan Ya.M.
Doctor Physical-mathematical sciences
The main lines of activity of the department of tectonophysics
1. Thermal instability in the upper mantle:
- mechanics of fissures from hydro- and magmatic rupture;
- seismic activity related to magma intrusion into the crust;
- permeability and electroconductivity of partly melted and occasionally fractured rocks;
- geodynamic aspects of kimberlite magmatism.
2. Studies of paleostrained-distorted state of continental Earth's crust by tectonophysical methods focused on the analysis of the stages of its tectonic development and restoration of tectogenetic mechanisms:
- studies of paleostraines and paleodistorsions within the Earth's crust of the main geotectonic regions of Ukraine and restoration of mechanisms and stages of their development;
- application of tectonophysical methods in studies of ruptured and folded structures of the Precambrian of the Ukrainian Shield (pioneering line in tectonophysics);
- theoritical and experimental substantiation of physical - geological unity of structural - paragenetic and kinematic methods of tectonophysics and the necessity of their combined application;
- tectonophysical studies of planetary mesojointing in volcanogenic-sedimentary covers of the platforms aimed to restoration of paleogeographic nets and trajectories of movement of lithospheric plates.