Doctor of Geological Sciences
- Orlyuk M.I. Was born on the 24th of September 1955 in the village Skazintsy of Mogylyov- Podolskiy region of Winnitskaya oblast. Married. Has three children: three daughters and a son;
- 1973 - 1978 - Kiev State University named after T.G. Shevchenko by speciality "geophysical methods of the search and exploration of mineral deposits";
- 1978 - 1981 - postgraduateship at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin Ac. Sci. Ukraine, Scientific Supervisor Doctor of Geological- Mineralogical Sciences Z.A. Krutikhovskaya;
- 1981 - 1986 - Subordinate Research Worker;
- 1986 - Candidate of Geological- Mineralogical Sciences, Theses "Relation of anomalous magnetic field to the structure of the Earth's crust of the Volyno- Podolian Plate", defended at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine;
- 1986 - 1988 - Research Worker of the Department of Constant Magnetic Field of the Earth;
- 1988 - 1999 - Supervising Research Worker of the Department of Complex Interpretation of Potential Fields;
- 1994 - was given a title of Supervising Research Worker;
- 1999 - Doctor of Geological Sciences, Theses "Magnetic model of the Earth's crust of the southeast of the East-European Platform" were defended at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine;
- 1999 - 2000 - Leading Research Worker of the Department of Complex Interpretation of Potential Fields;
- 2000 up to present Chief of the Department of Geomagnetism;
- 2000 - Scientific Secretary of a Specialized Scientific Counsil on defending Doctor Theses by speciality 04.00.22 - Geopgysics at the Institute of Geophysics named after S.I. Subbotin NAS Ukraine;
- 2002 - Corresponding Member of the Ukrainian Oil-Gas Academy;
- 2003 - Member of the Editorial Board of the "Geophysichesky Zhurnal".
In 1985 M.I.Orlyuk was awarded an Honourable Diploma of Ac. Sci. USSR for young scientists for a series of works "Magnetic model of the Earth's crust of Volyno- Podolian outskirts of the East- European platform and its petrologic - tectonical interpretation".
For the work "Magnetic model and studies of the structure of lithosphere in relation to the studies of the Earth's crust development and its metallogenic specialization" was awarded a bronze medal of Exhibition of Achievements in National Economy of the USSR (1985).
Author and co-author of more than 300 scientific works.
Participant of a set of International Projects.
The main line of scientific activity - studies of the structure of the Earth's crust and its evolution by magnetic simulation in relation to solving the global problems of physics of the Earth and ecology, the search and forecast of mineral deposits.
Since 2000 has worked actively for elaboration of procedures in solving urgent problems of new scientific line - geophysical ecology.