Head: Kutas R.I.
Doctor of Geological - Mineralogical Sciences, Professor
The main lines of activity of the Department of Geothermy and Modern Geodynamics:
1. In the field of geothermy:
- experimental measurements of temperature in wells;
- measurements of thermoconductivity of rocks;
- determination of heat flows in wells;
- measurement of complete complex of geothermic parameters (temperature, geothermic gradient, thermoconductivity) in marine
- thermal field mapping;
- studies of the nature of thermal flows of springs;
- elaboration of procedures for interpretation of thermal flow analysis on the base of analytical and numerical solutions of the thermal
- conductivity equations;
- simulation of thermal field and construction of geothermic models of lithosphere;
- elaboration of procedures for simulation of thermal evolution of sedimentary basins and construction of models of evolution for
- special basins;
- studies of energy balance of geodynamic processes and of role of thermal energy in the processes of gas emissions, mud volcanism
- and seismic activity.
2. In the field of modern movements:
- generalization and mapping of the data on modern vertical and horizontal movements of the Earth's crust;
- studies of the nature of modern movements of the Earth's crust.
In the field of deep-seated structure:
- creation of models of deep-seated structure according to the complex of geophysicsl data on the Ukrainian Shield, the Donbas and the Dnepro-Donets depression, Carpathians.