Corresponding member of the NAS of Ukraine,
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics Sciences
The main lines of activity of the Department of Seismic Hazards:
- Elaboration of methods of seismic observations and studies focuced on the survey of seismic hazards within the territories, to afford seismic stability of technogenically and ecologically hazardous objects, to increase safety of living of population in seismic regions of the country;
- Production of databases of seismological and related geophysical information, with resulting preservation and availability to users;
Scientific- methodic provision for activity of urgent communications service (and awards in future) on seismic events and hazardous geophysicsl phenomena to Governmental Bodies and Organizations taking interest in;
- Publication of results of seismologic observations, distribution and popularization of seismologic knowledge in order to increase the safety of living in seismically active regions;
- Scientific- methodical assistance to services of other organizations, which conduct instrumental seismological and geophysicsl observations in Ukraine;
- Participation in fulfillment of International Agreements in the field of seismologic monitoring of the Planet and an exchange of data of seismologic observations;
- Participation in formation of Governmental and International scientific-technical programs of studies and forecast of seismic hazards within the territory of the country; construction of maps of seismic zonation of populated areas, industrial grounds of technogenically and ecologically hazardous objects, programs of improvement of safety of living of population in seismic regions, the programs on studies of internal structure and geodynamics of lithosphere for the focused search of mineral deposits.
- Participation in production of database on standards on the problems of improvement of the safety of living of population and keeping stabile development of economics in seismic zones of Ukraine.